Next years wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYLife

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2012
Mohegan Lake NY
Split and stacked 2 rows so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 239
Nice, very very nice.

Reactions: NYLife
Is that mulberry with the dark heartwood?

Looks good NYLife, what types of wood are in the stack?
zap

Mulberry & Hard Maple?
Lookin good anyway. It is a great feeling to get ahead on wood. Even 1 year ahead makes a huge difference. Well, unless it's oak that is.

Looking good
How much will you need for next years supply?

Looking good ny.... Your getting there! That will be good heat when its ready. its warming you when you split it, and then it will warm you when you burn it!

Great job..! Mullberry burns very nice. A great BTU FIREWOOD.

Looking good ny.... Your getting there! That will be good heat when its ready. its warming you when you split it, and then it will warm you when you burn it!
It sure will. Also some evergreen to the right

Looking good
How much will you need for next years supply?
I'm not sure as its my first year burning. I should have at least 7 or 8 cords split and stacked by spring time.

Getting ahead is the hardest part . Staying ahead is comparatively easy . You're doing well , keep it up !
Thanks. It would be so much easier but the kids always come first. I,m teaching my little one how to stack the wood and once all 3 get bigger my stacks will last me for years...

Reactions: Nixon
Thanks. It would be so much easier but the kids always come first. I,m teaching my little one how to stack the wood and once all 3 get bigger my stacks will last me for years...
Nothing like slave labor;lol

I'm just getting the hang of it. It's only my first year.

And you are doing really good for your first year. Just think what this will be in a couple more years!

My first year of heating with wood I spent the winter cutting and using the dead and driest wood for the present year and everything else I put aside for the following,by the end of the season I was a year ahead.It was a lot of work but was worth the effort,now I have wood for several years and it doesn't seem as bothersome to process wood if I tackle a little at a time.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
It is a very comfortable, satisfied feeling once you have gotten ahead with the stacks. Money in the bank! And gets more valuable as it ages.

My first year of heating with wood I spent the winter cutting and using the dead and driest wood for the present year and everything else I put aside for the following,by the end of the season I was a year ahead.It was a lot of work but was worth the effort,now I have wood for several years and it doesn't seem as bothersome to process wood if I tackle a little at a time.
I'm trying to do the same as you. I'll have a few extra cords once my neighbor takes down his 3 maple trees

Family always comes first . Enjoy this time that you get to spend with them , it goes faster than you might think .
Our daughter has been in the A.F. For 10 years now. She's been stationed in Korea, and now the UK for the last few years . Her absents (sp) is most keenly felt this time of year . Both Jan and I are retired A.F. , so we understand . But, it doesn't make it any easier. So, takes lots of pics of your kids, hug them and tell them how much you love them .
Sorry for getting OT! Just had to get that off my chest .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.