NH Rebate Program Article

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

holstein

Hearth Supporter
Jun 27, 2010
Goffstown, NH
NH Rebate Program

A lot of money up front for a system which my insurance company doesn't consider a
replacement for my oil boiler. The rebate we got on our stove was a better option for
us and with our insert we already cut our oil usage by over 50%.

holstein said:
NH Rebate Program

A lot of money up front for a system which my insurance company doesn't consider a
replacement for my oil boiler. The rebate we got on our stove was a better option for
us and with our insert we already cut our oil usage by over 50%.

$14,000 dollars to heat your house!!! The pay back will take way too long!!!

Last year I got the $1500 tax break on my $4,000 stove which came to $4,500 with the hearth and pipe.

But I also sold the wood stove for $400 and saved atleast $1,000 in oil last winter.

So $4500 - $2900 = $1600 for my Avalon Astoria Large Wood Pellet Stove that heats my entire house with Zero oil!!

Then, for the DHW, I got a $1200 Buderus cold start, triple pass Oil Boiler with an outdoor reset programmed to use a 0.65 GPH nozzle to use with a SuperStor Indirect water tank. That cut the DHW oil usage in HALF!!
For this I got $600 back from the NH State Rebate program that ran from last April to Nov. 9th. I got my $600 the first week in Nov just before they closed out the program!!

So these new programs this year are peanuts!!

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 346
Hi Don, Can you post a couple pics of your boiler setup? I have a steel boiler w/tankless that will need to be replaced at some point so I'm looking at different options. Where did you score the Buderus for $1200? Sounds like a deal!

We heat mostly with pellets so the thought of the boiler always maintaining temp for DHW use is getting old, especially in the summer.

Did you consider one of those Marathon electric HW tanks?

Dougsey said:
Hi Don, Can you post a couple pics of your boiler setup? I have a steel boiler w/tankless that will need to be replaced at some point so I'm looking at different options. Where did you score the Buderus for $1200? Sounds like a deal!

We heat mostly with pellets so the thought of the boiler always maintaining temp for DHW use is getting old, especially in the summer.

Did you consider one of those Marathon electric HW tanks?

Hi Doug

Wow a steel boiler and tankless coil certainly needs updating and if you do it right you will cut your oil bill in HALF!

I put an OAK on the Oil Boiler after I did the pellet stove so they are not like divers underwater fighting for the same air to breathe! LOL

So here are some pics.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/58408/

Also no matter how efficient the DHW tank is, you still need a heat loop and DHW expansion tank to really save oil!!
see pics of this >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/73695/

The Marathon electric water tank is a really good tank with a lifetime warranty

The Superstor tank I have is very similar with no anode and also has a lifetime warranty.

So the difference I believe is the recovery rate so the superstore will provide more hot water for the family.
Another reason is that I still have oil heat if we go away for a week in the winter so the house will not freeze. Can't do that with a pellet stove.
Also nice to have oil heat as a backup if the pellet stove breaks. Although I do have a gas fireplace if we loose electricity!

So the best place here to buy a Buderus is from the Granite group in Hookset NH. Their tech support in second to none!! I spent hours with their tech Dana and he is the best in the world!! Man that guy knows everything about the Buderus Boiler, Tekmar outdoor reset and all the other controls. He has so many stories like using twisted pair wire for the outdoor reset because a customer near the Manchester airport had problems with airplanes and straight wire! he is the best of the best!!! So get an oil man that deals with them like I did and arrange it so you call the Granite Group and buy the parts. They take charge cards. Then you get the wholesale price like I did and just pay for installation!! You cannot beat it! My neighbor like my setup so much, he used my oil guy and got the exact same system! My neighbor used 691 gallons of oil last year and so far this year he has used 300 gallons last October! He can hardly believe it!!
The granite group has a special designed Buderus system with American controls that are the most reliable and not too expensive that any oil man can fix but may never need to!! We both went with separate circulators instead of zone valves which is also better for more efficient DHW so keep that in mind also!!

Good luck

See Buderus Wire Diagram Below:

Attachments

• BuderusWireDiagramSC.jpg
    BuderusWireDiagramSC.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 275
Thanks for the info Don. I buy my heating stuff from Granite Group currently and have spoken to Dana before.

What model Buderus did you get?

Did you get the SuperStor from GG as well? Can I ask the cost? 50 gallon?

Too bad I missed out on the rebate program...

Dougsey said:
Thanks for the info Don. I buy my heating stuff from Granite Group currently and have spoken to Dana before.

What model Buderus did you get?

Did you get the SuperStor from GG as well? Can I ask the cost? 50 gallon?

Too bad I missed out on the rebate program...

Hello Doug

The buderus is
Buderus G115WS/4 as in my sig below.

The Superstor 45 gallon was approx $1,000 and I think it did come from there but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.