NH wood bank seen on NBC Nightly News

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
NBC ran a bit on a wood bank started by a lady in New Hampshire to help low income family's heat their homes during the winter. It's run by volunteers who accept wood in any which way and they S/S/S it. They said many local folks will bring wood from their land that would just rot anyways and it goes to a good cause, especially with this long and cold winter plus the way fuel prices have been I'm sure it's been a god send for some. Good going NH!! When these people that run the service get to the gate someday I think they'll get extra points for their pass for sure!!

Thanks for sharing - found a link to video clip here. I'm aware of that wood bank, and others like it in southern NH. Someone I know (;)) even wrote an article about this very same not two years ago!

Very cool concept that will hopefully gain momentum in the wake of this wicked freeze. I'm sure there are more than a few folks on here that would or already do subscribe to the "neighbors helping neighbors" model.

pellet_pete.JPG

It's going to take me a long time to get used to seeing that userid here...

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
There was a long-time member here, multiple-daily poster, named "Pallet Pete". He parted ways with the forum just a few months back.

Thanks for sharing - found a link to video clip here. I'm aware of that wood bank, and others like it in southern NH. Someone I know (;)) even wrote an article about this very same not two years ago!

Very cool concept that will hopefully gain momentum in the wake of this wicked freeze. I'm sure there are more than a few folks on here that would or already do subscribe to the "neighbors helping neighbors" model.
Thanks for finding the links! I thought it was a good thing when I saw it. They could use some tarps!

Status
Not open for further replies.