NH wood burners - best price on wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
Who has the best price on wood? My free wood will run out sometime and I want to know who has the best prices. I don't care if it is cut and split or a grapple load.

I am in Derry if that matters.

Thanks

Hey Skinney,
I'm in New Boston and plan on ordering a grapple-load(10 cord) from an outfit in Hillsborough. With delivery it should run me around $1300 give or take. Since you're in Derry I would think the delivery from these guys would be considerable more. You can find a lot of cord wood advertisements on craigslist, I would try there and look for prices/locations.........

Y

I looked on craigs list a while back and really didn't see prices that are all very good.

$1300 seems high for a grapple load. But what do I know?

Thanks, I will keep looking around.

I'd keep an eye on Craigslist too. I saw an ad for grapple loads for $900 a week or so ago and I thought that was kind of high, maybe not!

Status
Not open for further replies.