Nice and clean now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayttt

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2008
poconos pa
I ordered and received a Gardus RLE202 LintEater 10-Piece Rotary Dryer Vent Cleaning System
from Amazon, used by people here.
A bit expensive I thought but after using it and seeing how much ash came out of my exhaust pipe was astounding.

I've never cleaned the Exhaust pipes because I didnt have a tool to do so.
Ive had the stove since 2008.
I didn't use my drill to spin it, I just used my hand to spin it while cleaning.
The Ashes just kept falling out everytime I ran the brush up and down inside the outside pipe.
The Clean out T had a large clump of ash that may have been starting to block the air flow.

After seeing the large amount of Ashes coming out I will now clean it out at least once a season..but I may try after the next ton just to see amount produced.

holy crap, no exhaust clean out in 5-6 years?!?!? you're lucky the stove burnt at all!

Reactions: bdaoust
holy crap, no exhaust clean out in 5-6 years?!?!? you're lucky the stove burnt at all!
Well, One year it wasn't used.. I burnt out the control board with a Generator Brownout.

Status
Not open for further replies.