Nice big and cheap wall/doorway fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoInferno

Minister of Fire
My Napoleon stove is in a room with headers on both doorways, and so a lot of the hot air gets trapped up at the ceiling. I went looking for a doorway fan to move some air, and found this at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I put in the top doorway corner right by the stove. It's big, quiet, and moves a lot of warm air. I know the conventional wisdom here is to move the cold air to the stove, but this works better when you have the hottest air concentrated right at the fan inlet.

I bet that blowing down at the stove would work really well too...

SWEET! I've been looking to replace my current (small) corner fans with something more substantial. Thanks for the link.

That's a great looking wall mount fan. I may have a need for something like this in the future, so thanks for posting!

I like the looks of that fan. We have a smaller fan (vornado) similar to that and it moves air pretty good. When that one dies, we'll be looking at this one for sure.

Cool. We've been looking at the door / corner fans (more for summer than winter, but) but they're 'spensive. This is priced right.

Peace,
- Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.