Nice CL cookstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....nice restore job. Another wow for the $3300.....

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
Nice stove, but with all the new codes for stoves though would it be possible to put this in and use it ?
I don't think it would be an approved stove and I don't think my insurance company would like it ?

No codes here & hope it stays that way. There are a few pockets of burning freedom left in the US.....

Reactions: ScotO
Sweet stove ,love to have

Thanks for sharing

Awesome. For a functional piece of art and history, that price seems reasonable. New versions of wood fired cookstoves are very expensive.

Beautiful stove,, but like mentioned, code issues, small firebox as well, probably better as a coal burner,,,for another 1200 you'd have a nice size firebox , be up to code, and be able to get parts..an Esse.

Please post the picture along with a craigslist ad. In a few weeks the ad will be gone and this becomes a dead thread. It looks like silver paint was used instead of nickel plating. Not sure how well that will stand up. Hope it's high-temp. I have to think this stove is overpriced compared to a full restoration. The silver paint could degrade its value, especially on the stove top. It also appears to be missing the right-side, top trim. Maybe a boiler is missing? The stove is worth about $1200 IMO, less if that is not stove paint.

cook stove.jpg cook stove2.jpg

If I was spending this kind of money for a classic looking cookstove I would get a modern version Heartland Oval (with nickel plate).
1902.jpg heartland-oval.jpg

The Heartland Oval is gorgeous. It that available with a waterback?

I love seeing those old restored stoves.......even though the modern ones are nice AND code-compliant, it's neat to see one of those oldies in action......

I have a circa 1905 Home Comfort cookstove, was going to restore it and install in our kitchen but money, safety, and code compliance wouldn't allow that. Not to mention you can't heat a whole house with a tiny old cookstove.

Now the Esse Ironheart, on the other hand.......;)

The Heartland Oval is gorgeous. It that available with a waterback?
Yes, they have a stainless water jacket option. The left hand shot is with the side water reservoir option.

Status
Not open for further replies.