Nice cutting weather down here in Dixie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Cutting a little ash, pecan and cherry. I know pecan is a hickory but the ones I had splits much better than other hickories
27f8676a508bc7efc54f54c709fb6c8b.jpg
41f3c8fdd4ec1ca1aacde53cfa9eaea8.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Rain just stopped here today after 13 straight days and about 4 inches.

Hopefully I'll be able to start working on 2018 wood here shortly.

Just got done wtih the weekend rain system and getting up into the 60's here so I'll working on some standing dead oak trees I spotted in the back of the property. Right after I get done with the darn horse fence..

Looking good! Rain just stopped here today after 13 straight days and about 4 inches.

Hopefully I'll be able to start working on 2018 wood here shortly.
It went 3 months here without raining and we've had probably 10 inches the last couple weeks. It's already soaked up

Just got done wtih the weekend rain system and getting up into the 60's here so I'll working on some standing dead oak trees I spotted in the back of the property. Right after I get done with the darn horse fence..

Ha I just got done with a fence for my little girls miniature horse!

Ha I just got done with a fence for my little girls miniature horse!
I'm swapping out and moving the charger for the electric tape. We've used a solar charger for the last couple of years, worked fine in the summer but gets too weak in the winter. Lately one of the horses, the one in my avatar, has taken a liken to wandering too much so we'll be swapping over to an A/C charger for the main fence and use the solar whenever we can give them temporary grazing areas. Betcha I'ma hear some hooves thundering as someone gets bit by the tape tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.