Nice day for a bath.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
It is mid thirties here today and my truck was looking nasty from the last trip up to the hills last week. So I gave it a good bath at the local high pressure self serve wash. Looks a lot better now. Should be good and clean for a day anyway! image.jpg

It is mid thirties here today and my truck was looking nasty from the last trip up to the hills last week. So I gave it a good bath at the local high pressure self serve wash. Looks a lot better now. Should be good and clean for a day anyway!View attachment 95086
Maybe not that long! !!!

Reactions: milleo
Why did you tempt the dirt to stick again gas ! It's like challenging a cat to chase a mouse lol.

Pete

Reactions: Gasifier
:) That is possible ZAP! Although this is the cleanest i have seen the roads in a while. Pete, it had to be done. I think the last time I washed it was the beginning of December! LOL! It was so nice today I started my running again. Man, did that feel good. Now it will be every other day or more for the next eight months.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
I try to wash the car when temps allow mainly to get the crap off the underside as much as possible. I enjoy the clean look until I go home, one trip up the dirt road and I am reminded that I need mud flaps! Was warm here today but I guess we can kiss that goodbye for the next week or so. At least the sun came out yesterday finally!

Ya, I hear ya Bob. Our two short drives and parking areas are not paved. One of them gets bad in the spring and we just try to stay off it. Impossible for you to do, I know. When I checked a few years back it was going to be about 20,000 for one of our drives and the parking area! Ah, no thanks. Maybe in a few more years.

Hey I was out splitting , that 3 yr old seasoned oak don't get there by itself
I've heard a clean vehicle is a sure sign of a deranged mind

Cheers

"Nice Day for a Bath"....it's not Saturday;lol

looks great! waiting for a slow warm day to wash our cars...can't even tell what color they are anymore with all the salt.

Good, now you can come down here and wash mine! I don't even bother washing mine unless they are calling for at LEAST a week of decent weather....we ain't seen a whole week of decent weather since before Hurricane Sandy!

There. I took a drive in through the little city of the Burg ZAP and there are potholes filled with water and mud/salt all over the place. Truck is starting to get dirty already. Back to normal. Aaahhhh. That feels better.o_O

"Nice Day for a Bath"....it's not Saturday;lol

I love Friday nights - walk into the pubs restroom and see the sign "must wash hands before returning to work" and think to myself..."Great - I am good till Monday."

Good, now you can come down here and wash mine! I don't even bother washing mine unless they are calling for at LEAST a week of decent weather....we ain't seen a whole week of decent weather since before Hurricane Sandy!

Ya. Looks like we are going to get a nice mix of rain/snow/sleet/snow/freezingrain/snow/snow. Should be great for that perty wash a mine! It still looks a lot better than it did though. It was nasty. Once again I forgot to take the before and after picture. <> I always do that. ;lol

I love Friday nights - walk into the pubs restroom and see the sign "must wash hands before returning to work" and think to myself..."Great - I am good till Monday."

;lol Good one Jags. Ewwww. Wait a minute. Remind me of that if we meet someday. K?

;lol Good one Jags. Ewwww. Wait a minute. Remind me of that if we meet someday. K?
I love the please shower before work signs we had in the military funny how addictive it is to put up retarted sights lol.

Pete

I washed my car/truck quite often when I lived in the big city.
Now, I find it almost pointless, although I still do it about once a year.>>

Even though it is getting diry already, it still looks a lot better. It was bad. In the last 12 hours we had snow, rain, sleet, and more rain. And now it is snowing. :confused: ;lol

Mine gets washed whenever it rains.....by the rain. Or snow,..... that works too.;)
I gave up trying to keep mine clean. Living on a back road and "up north", makes it almost impossible, so I don't bother.

Reactions: nate379
Ja. Like I said earlier. The last time I washed it was the beginning of December. When I tore out an old apartment and remodeled it into an attached and heated garage I ran a hot and cold water line and put faucets under my work bench. I figured it would be for a utility sink or hose for washing vehicles out in the drive way. I am thinking some day it would be nice to get a nice pressure washer for washing the house and vehicles. There are about 6 months of the year you can keep them clean, even up here in the north country. One of these would be nice.

0087939900117_A

Does anyone have a power washer they have had for more than a few years that they like? I like Honda engines, but there are many out there that are reliable. My wife wants one of these eventually because we have a big house and it is surprising how dirty it can get from dust and dirt off the road, polen that comes of the trees, etc., etc. Suggestions appreciated. The one above is a Simpson PowerShot - 3200 psi, a little over kill I know. I talk to Scotty too much. :rolleyes: It is priced at $499 at Sam's club.

I am going to haul my pressure washer out of the basement tomorrow, but cleaning for different reason. Some slob coming the opposing direction on a 50 mph road unloaded a fire extinguisher into the side of my new F150. Did all I could to avoid it, but could not. Got the fender, door edge and step bar. I need to clean her off to see if that is it. Went to chase down the offender and a local policemen showed up. I told him the truck that dropped it was only a few cars ahead. He called other patrol and had them look for the truck. Never found it. Two similar trucks traveling together. First one dropped the extinguisher, and guessing the second was quick to tell him to get off the road. Now I get to absorb the 500 deductible. Learned that if you can catch the offender, do it. Don't rely on anyone else.

Sorry to hear that myway. How do you like the new Ford? Regular cab, extended, crew? Which motor you have?

Sorry to hear that myway. How do you like the new Ford? Regular cab, extended, crew? Which motor you have?
X-cab, 4wd, 6 1/2 bed with ecoboost engine. Like this truck a lot. First ever Ford. No more GM for me ever. That engine has a ton of power and gets good gas mileage.

X-cab, 4wd, 6 1/2 bed with ecoboost engine. Like this truck a lot. First ever Ford. No more GM for me ever. That engine has a ton of power and gets good gas mileage.

I have had several Ford trucks over the years and liked them all.

Gas
I am thinking strongly about trading our 2004 Tundra access cab for a new 2013. I have had great service from all of out Toyota vehicles. This one needed a battery and 4 tires in the last 8.5years, nothing else. We are 4x4 4.7L .
What engine do you have and how is the mileage Most of our trips are short so we get 15 around town, 17/18 on the hwy.
Tom

Gas
I am thinking strongly about trading our 2004 Tundra access cab for a new 2013. I have had great service from all of out Toyota vehicles. This one needed a battery and 4 tires in the last 8.5years, nothing else. We are 4x4 4.7L .
What engine do you have and how is the mileage Most of our trips are short so we get 15 around town, 17/18 on the hwy.
Tom

Tom,

I have the 5.7 Liter I-Force V8. The engine has a ton of power. Like 381 horse or something like that. Not that I need that much. Gas mileage is crappy, just like any other big truck with a V8 in it. But I don't put a lot of miles on my truck. So I don't mind that much. I am fortunate to work close to home. It is rated for 13 in the city and 17 on the highway. I never checked it. I love the Crewmax. I have a lot of family so I wanted the extra room. You end up with a short bed of 5.5 feet, but I can still haul anything I need from Lowe's with the tail gate down, or firewood out of the woods. I could never afford a new one. I bought mine two years ago and it is a 2007. It had around 68,000 miles on it when I bought it. I just broke 80,000 !!!. 6000 miles a year isn't bad. ::-) But just buying the truck about 4 years old I was able to get it for a hair over half the cost of a new one. It rides like it is new. Really like it. I was also impressed with the double cab. A good amount of room in the extended part of those cabs as well. But when you sit in the back of the crewmax you have as much room as you do up front. It's really nice. They hold their value well. Quite a few die hard Toyota guys out there. I have considered selling mine. I think I could sell it right now and only be down about $3500 from what I paid for it. Pretty good for two years. I bought it right. January, just after Christmas two years ago. The truck I bought before that I bought two years before that just before Christmas in December. Not a whole lotta people buying trucks just before or after Christmas. Good time to demand the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.