Nice day to cut wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
We have one of those days like quads posted yesterday. Just a great day to be out cutting wood. Even my wife got into the act today and helped this morning. It was a bit tough on her hands though as she has some cracked fingers so we kept extra gloves wrapped in hot soapstone. We stopped for dinner and are about ready to head back for another load. If I remember, I'll even take the camera.

btw, we cut some oak this morning. We do not have a lot of oak but some need to come down so we'll save it for night time burning...in about 3 years from now.

Backwoods Savage said:
We have one of those days like quads posted yesterday. Just a great day to be out cutting wood. Even my wife got into the act today and helped this morning. It was a bit tough on her hands though as she has some cracked fingers so we kept extra gloves wrapped in hot soapstone. We stopped for dinner and are about ready to head back for another load. If I remember, I'll even take the camera.

btw, we cut some oak this morning. We do not have a lot of oak but some need to come down so we'll save it for night time burning...in about 3 years from now.
Yeah you got that right Dennis. 33 here in Higgins Lake, and nice and sunny. Enjoy. Dave.

It was actually a nice day for it here too, although cloudy today. The snowstorm is moving in now, just about here, and they are predicting an inch or more per hour. So, that's enough to make me wet when I'm out there. I'll quit for the day now, until milking the cows tonight.

Dave, it sounds like Higgins Lake got warmer than us. High was 28 but sunny and nice.

quads said:
It was actually a nice day for it here too, although cloudy today. The snowstorm is moving in now, just about here, and they are predicting an inch or more per hour. So, that's enough to make me wet when I'm out there. I'll quit for the day now, until milking the cows tonight.

Quads, you get an inch per hour and I'm betting we won't even see an inch! Congratulations to you; we'll give you ours all winter long!

EDIT: I'll start a new thread with pictures.

91 here today. Freezing last week. Neighbors looked at me like I was crazy as I stacked a half cord of seasoned post and black oak for Christmas weekend - in shorts and a t shirt!

Yes, that certainly is crazy weather. We could use a bit of that warmth but 91 is way too high for this Michigander. You can have it.

+1 91 yuk

Status
Not open for further replies.