Nice Homemade RV for you fabricators

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has the teardrop trailer beat! except you need a dedicated truck, almost anything will tow a TD.

Couple years ago I bought a fold down tent camper, without the top, just the empty box. $50. Fabricated a couple cabinets, piece of plywood to put a twin size mattress in back and a fold down table in front. Bought a tent that fit the 7'x10' box for $39.95, cut out the tent floor, attached it to camper box and ended up with a top with new canvas and screens. I use it for camping at the 4-day Iola, Wis car show & swap meet, and then after that, remove camping stuff from trailer and use it as a cargo trailer. Last summer I used it to haul materials for my new garage - a ton of 2x6's, shingles, siding, windows, garage doors, etc. Even hauled 60 rolls of sod in it (2 trips @ 30 rolls per trip). I also used it to transport a large arch to the wedding hall for my son's wedding. This fall and winter I haul firewood in it from the saw mill.

And this coming July it'll transform itself back into a camper for the Iola car show. After I'm done camping and have to pull trailer home, everything above the walls comes down and lays on floor so I just use a well fitting tarp over top and bungee cord it.

I've seen this type of trailer for sale on web. One is call "Sylvan Sport". Goes for between 6 and 9 grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.