Nice Ironwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was coming down the trail and this guy crossed in front then ran towards the swamp just behind this ironwood.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2451.jpg
    100_2451.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 282
Very Nice, good looking healthy deer. Do you winter feed them at all? Salt lick?.
It is amazing how far a couple of 50# bags of corn will go to help them out during a cold winter like this-- kinda like venison insurance.

ha! all that running with her eyes closed and still never hit a tree! those "high-speed beef" never cease to amaze,eh?

mainstation said:
Very Nice, good looking healthy deer. Do you winter feed them at all? Salt lick?.
It is amazing how far a couple of 50# bags of corn will go to help them out during a cold winter like this-- kinda like venison insurance.

They eat corn! ;-P No salt lick either but they like to raid the bird feeders.

zap

Dinner!

smokinjay said:

fill the freezer :coolsmile: venison stew or steaks with blackberry sauce,few garlic cloves & herbs is amazing.

I had 4 of them go across in front of me yesterday while on the atv. They all looked to be in good shape and were in no hurry to get away from me.

Backwoods Savage said:
I had 4 of them go across in front of me yesterday while on the atv. They all looked to be in good shape and were in no hurry to get away from me.

were they all on one atv or did they each have their own? you can bet they didn't take the reccomended training course and probably wern't wearing helmets. damn those "timber rats". sorry dennis, i couldn't help myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.