Nice Little Pellet Ash content chart,check it out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gutterboy2ca said:
http://www.woodpelletsexperts.com/pricing.html

Hope this doesn,t step on anyones toes on here,just thought someone might find the comparrison chart usefull..

Chart is nice to have for reference.

Are these current prices? I hope this place doesn't plan on selling too many pellets.....$6.25/bag - $285/ton is the cheapest price???? YIKES

Yeah, i dunno if current, didn,t look for a date, but i thought was high for US pricing, was more interested in there proposed ash content,not sure how much i trust it though, or where they gathered there Data from, as i have used the Corinth pellets in Blue bag, and found almost twice the ash as my Favorite the LG-Granules, which appears about right at 35% content, who knows...they got the Bag color wrong on LG's too, should read Clear/Blue writing

Guess it is current, just looked closer-
2009 Wood Pellet Fall-Winter Buy Program -- Prices good through October 31, 2009

They are 2009 prices... They are located in my old hometown. Those are the going prices for premium quality pellets in MA. Doesn't make sense to burn pellets when home heating oil is running around $2.29 a gallon and natural gas is the lowest it's been in many years.

Tarbot said:
They are 2009 prices... They are located in my old hometown. Those are the going prices for premium quality pellets in MA. Doesn't make sense to burn pellets when home heating oil is running around $2.29 a gallon and natural gas is the lowest it's been in many years.

Nope, no sense at those prices!

Tarbot said:
Thanks god they aren't the "going" prices where I live in Massachusetts.
And once again I fdidn't see any "Super" premium pellets listed.
Maine Woods at 285 a ton...now that is highway robbery....
Those things are only good for traction on icy walkways!

Yeah, i'll second that". There the only pellet you can find here in any Gas station or convenience store at any given time for $8.49/Bag, or drive to a hardware store and get the LG-Granules for $5.69/Bag, theres a No Brainer, wonder who pushes that trash, must have a darn good salesman i guess,or majority of the public just don,t realize how bad they are yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.