Nice neighbor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bboulier

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2010
NE Virginia
I have a nice neighbor who had some dead or dying oak branches trimmed on Friday. Knowing my fondness for firewood, she asked them to cut it to length. I brought over in a wheelbarrow and then split it the next day. Plan to keep it separate from other wood for a longer seasoning. While I was hauling the wood over to my yard, one of the guys who was cutting the branches said: "Have you got a maul? You can split this dead wood and have a fire this weekend."' Don't think he had a modern wood stove. Anyway, here's a picture of the split wood:

IMG_3071-rev-web.jpg

cleardot.gif

Nice, easy score. :)
But no, I wouldn't try burning it "this weekend," either. ;lol

Really nice to have good neighbors. A little gift of something for them might also be a nice touch.

Reactions: PapaDave
A couple of the other neighbors and I shovel her driveway in the winter (an easy task this year), and I supply her some vegetables and fruits from the garden in the summer. We live on a circle and everyone is good about helping each other out.

Good stuff there all around. No one has relationships with there neighbors anymore so It is really nice to hear how many here have this going on. Not just for firewood but relationships in general. I find I am much closer to my neighbors now that I live in the country than when I could slap them high five from my window living in East Lansing. Lots of, "do unto others"... goes on out here :)

A couple of the other neighbors and I shovel her driveway in the winter (an easy task this year), and I supply her some vegetables and fruits from the garden in the summer. We live on a circle and everyone is good about helping each other out.

That's exactly the way things ought to be.

I've posted many a time about my neighbors and how we really get along . . .

On my recent trip I let all the neighbors know I was going away . . . especially since one of them could just about beat any burglar detection system . . . if something happens . . . she knows about it.

Another neighbor plowed me out while I was gone.

In the past we've borrowed from each other . . . my wood splitter is often popular in the Fall.

When my Amish neighbor's horses get out I often will go down to let them know or bring them back myself.

And in the Fall we all get together for a potluck dinner . . . and this past Thanksgiving we had a neighbor over for dinner since he was spending it alone.

I guess I don't think much about it . . . kindof figured that what we do is normal . . . just getting along . . . giving each other space, but helping out each other when we can.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.