Nice running 281XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2013-05-21 19.43.06.jpg

Great! Looks to be in good condition. Mind sharing what you paid? Cheers!

That's a HUGE SAW!! Or a little cabin ;)

Glad you got it. I was actually hoping that you did.

Send me a PM once you get it cleaned up. Even at your retail, I am interested. If your looking to sell? If not, great deal and Congrats.

Looks like a new chain & bar too.
Nice !

Dex I'll let you know before I sell it..... I'll be running it first to make sure all is good. Didn't really need much of a tune and has 150 lbs. of compression. I need to get an air filter and an on/off switch.

Bogey, it did come with a serviceable bar, but not the one in the picture.

Reactions: DexterDay
Dex I'll let you know before I sell it..... I'll be running it first to make sure all is good. Didn't really need much of a tune and has 150 lbs. of compression. I need to get an air filter and an on/off switch.

Bogey, it did come with a serviceable bar, but not the one in the picture.
What, not good enough for a Hearth.com photo shoot? ;) :p

Very nice.Little brother to the 288XP,same crankshaft/crankcase just slightly smaller piston & cylinder.I think its the twin thin ring version too.

Get that hi performance high top air filter/cover,dual port the muffler,lower those rakers a wee bit & go to town.....::-)

The chain on the bar it came with was worthless.....and I don't have any .058 to fit it. So it got a "display/testing" bar and chain from my 2100.

Great ideas Thistle and what I would do if I were keeping it. I just have no use for it with a 372 and 2100........ then again, maybe I should keep it as a backup backup backup saw.

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.