Nice Score for an upcoming winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superlite

Mar 2, 2008
Eastern PA
It has been a busy collecting for me here in PA. Last week a big white Ash was taken down at the SPCA, got all of that wood, and today i started hauling this home. we brought home 1 trailer so far and it is a lot of wood.. barely even put a dent in it, me an the wife filled up the whole trailer, not a thing under 36" cut them all at 20" or so. Maybe tomorrow I will get pics of this and the ash after we get another trailer load. They also have some white ash but it is quite rotten..

Attachments

• Ellenandwood1.jpg
    Ellenandwood1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 354
  • ellenandwood2.jpg
    ellenandwood2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 401
Very nice !!!

Get 'em split ;-)

What are your plans for that?

Whew, that's some big wood. You'll learn how evenly your saw is sharpened in a hurry trying to make cuts meet in a log that big. What is it? Red oak? I thought you would get Dogwood at the SPCA. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not really sure what that tree is, I have a strong feeling in is KY Coffee Tree. I nicked the pavement on my first cut, and had to put a quick sharpen on the chain and it didn't work too well, the tops of the cutters were too beveled down from the asphalt. So I switched to an old chain and it was pretty bad. I didn't think the wood was that big when I drove past on a different road or I would have taken a more appropriate saw. Some of it is going to go through the mill though, I can't burn all of that it.... it is getting harder and harder to find large older growth trees to mill into lumber. As for the SPCA the Ash tree was growing in the pet cemetery.. I guess it would have been a dogwood in at a different location.

Status
Not open for further replies.