1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Nice score

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by andybaker, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andybaker

andybaker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest OH
    Man, I've got my hands full now. Across the highway from me the guy that runs the property just gave me 20-30 trees. All Ash and dead. Some smaller and some good size. Some of them in the woods are like 50 ft tall with hardly any branches. Those should be easy, the others are much larger. I figure I'll take what I need and then let others grab what I leave behind. I'll post some pics later on if I can figure out how to do it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    Manna from heaven. Get it all home, process it and heat your home with it. In an ideal world, everyone would be able to heat their home with wood they can see out the window.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Andy, you really do have a winner there. Cut all you can while you can. 20-30 trees will take some time depending on the size. Those without many branches cut up fast too. It sounds like an excellent job for this coming winter.

If it were me, I'd cut it all before splitting unless you need some right away. If so, split only what you need for this winter. Then you can spend your time cutting and hauling. After you get it home you can then split in your spare time. After all, if it is dead, you won't find much moisture in the wood. Just be sure get it off the ground when you stack it.
  4. humpin iron

humpin iron Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeast
    standing dead, not many limbs......be careful for widow makers, nice score
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.