Nice score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andybaker

Feeling the Heat
Oct 31, 2008
Northwest OH
Man, I've got my hands full now. Across the highway from me the guy that runs the property just gave me 20-30 trees. All Ash and dead. Some smaller and some good size. Some of them in the woods are like 50 ft tall with hardly any branches. Those should be easy, the others are much larger. I figure I'll take what I need and then let others grab what I leave behind. I'll post some pics later on if I can figure out how to do it.

Manna from heaven. Get it all home, process it and heat your home with it. In an ideal world, everyone would be able to heat their home with wood they can see out the window.

Andy, you really do have a winner there. Cut all you can while you can. 20-30 trees will take some time depending on the size. Those without many branches cut up fast too. It sounds like an excellent job for this coming winter.

If it were me, I'd cut it all before splitting unless you need some right away. If so, split only what you need for this winter. Then you can spend your time cutting and hauling. After you get it home you can then split in your spare time. After all, if it is dead, you won't find much moisture in the wood. Just be sure get it off the ground when you stack it.

standing dead, not many limbs......be careful for widow makers, nice score

Status
Not open for further replies.