Nice scrounge at work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmore

Burning Hunk
Jun 14, 2014
Baltimore MD
image.jpg A large oak fell a little off the road at work. Of course I noticed and took a long lunch to buck it up. Still have 3 loads or so to haul it home. New Echo saw worked well, loving it!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Looking good man. I like working up a tree out in the woods where the brushy tops can lay where it is cut. Also, like your wood being oak but especially like your saw. I have a echo cs-600p(which is about the same saw as yours) and just love it. Man with a sharp chain you can blow throw a 20 inch log in seconds with the chips hitting your leg with force ^5s.

Reactions: Bmore
Looking good man. I like working up a tree out in the woods where the brushy tops can lay where it is cut. Also, like your wood being oak but especially like your saw. I have a echo cs-600p(which is about the same saw as yours) and just love it. Man with a sharp chain you can blow throw a 20 inch log in seconds with the chips hitting your leg with force ^5s.
It was easy work for the saw. The tree top kept the trunk off the ground all the way to the root ball. Never been so easy. Just hope someone else is not there loading up my hard work.

Yeah, the only thing bad about scrounging on other peoples' land etc. is sometimes you got to get in a hurry. While motivation is good for me, working up firewood is hard work at my age and I like to pace myself;) Hope your wood is still there for you too........

Thanks, it's a new housing construction site so you never know. As the Project Mngr I strike quick, wood doesn't sit long around here...

Good work, nice score.

Consider yourself lucky. I'm probably not the only guy who works for a company that is so safety and legally conscious that they'd rather contract an insured pro to take the wood away than let an employee run their personal chainsaw for personal gain on company property and then get hurt and sue them for being nice. Don't get me wrong--I really like my employer and value their safety culture, and I don't fault them one bit given today's world. It's just too bad. Glad it worked for you.

Reactions: Bmore
Good work, nice score.

Consider yourself lucky. I'm probably not the only guy who works for a company that is so safety and legally conscious that they'd rather contract an insured pro to take the wood away than let an employee run their personal chainsaw for personal gain on company property and then get hurt and sue them for being nice. Don't get me wrong--I really like my employer and value their safety culture, and I don't fault them one bit given today's world. It's just too bad. Glad it worked for you.
Things are a bit more laid back on construction sites. Free wood is a nice perk of the job.

Nice score. Next time only buck what you can haul away - I find that most people will take what's already bucked into rounds, but will leave sticks.

Reactions: D8Chumley and Bmore
Nice score. Next time only buck what you can haul away - I find that most people will take what's already bucked into rounds, but will leave sticks.
Yes I agree, I thought about it for a bit. The rounds I left were too heavy to lift solo, so that may deter a passer by . It was a gamble for sure.

Yeah, the rounds towards the trunk are going to be 200 lbs + @ 18" or so. I'd say they are safe for at least a little while. But there are guys like me running around that will make it disappear.

Reactions: BamaScroungr
Status
Not open for further replies.