nice sized score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinktwicez71

Nov 22, 2011
Ogdensburg , NY
a friend of mine got a phone call that there was a lady near us who wanted some trees cut down ( 1.5 miles from my house ...SCORE). We went and looked at it , and she said u cut all these trees down u can have the wood for free. Well it wasn't the best wood (box elder) but it was free. 2 days to do it , and 4 trees , 10-11 loaded truck loads and its all at my house. Bought a new Huskee 35 ton log splitter Thursday and started splitting it today.

I looked online and it doesn't put out the most btu's but it still puts out a good amount and with about 8-10 cords free I am not complaining

ps.....if u buy a wood splitter from tractor supply , double check the hydraulic fluid , mine was barely touching the dipstick and needed almost 2 gallons more (which I called the store and was given the remaining fluid free).

Some splitting

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365997879341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365997879341.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Box elder is okay. No, it won't compare with oak but it is a maple and will give you lots of heat. I won't go out of my way to cut the stuff but occasionally I've taken a tree or two from someone who wants to get rid of it. It burns just fine.

finally got it all cut and split and stacked , still got 3 more truck loads to pick up but im beat right now , but here is an update picture

Impressive!

man you killed it! Awesome job!

Status
Not open for further replies.