Nice Surprise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
I'm removing a bunch of downed and cut up trees for a coworker for some free firewood. I thought it was mostly less-than-optimal firewood (pine etc, not that I'm complaining about it) but it turns out about a cord of it is nice red oak. Woo Hoo! Free Oak!

It sure is great reading about all these scrounging jobs. You guys are doing fantastic.

cmonSTART said:
Well shoot. Come on over and split my wood and you can see it in person!
Hmmm, tempting... But I have a Super Split and about 8+ cords of oak I still need to get around to splitting, so I think I'll have to pass. :cheese:

You never know what scrounging will yield until you go and take a look at the wood yourself. What one guy describes as 'a little firewood' might be several cords, while another guy might mean a couple of small branches. Also, most people don't look closely at a downed tree because to them it doesn't matter what type of tree it is, its all just something to clean up. You can't be sure what type of tree it is until you look for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.