Nice Vermont Castings Encore for sale on Ebay !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there are eight of them.

I guess I got a good deal. For the Model 2550 from 1996 to2005 I can't believe the bids for 16 and 20 year Encore never rebuilt
hundreds more than mine. The cape cod one is vintage 1990 $600 and beyond? Did anyone notice the blue Intrepid II makes mine look presitine $400 for missing rusted out enamal? 20 years old?

At least that is the 2250 model and parts are available replacement of the back plate is not that bad of a task I do not have a price for the part. It looks good in the picture but many spray can paint it to look that way. at $800 and in good condition that would be a fair price from 800 to 1000 ok over that you are buying a 10 year stove with some unknowns. Completely reconditioned worth between 1000 and 1200. These are my best guesses as to values. I might add that 1996 is not known as one of VC best years for quality control Lot of changes were taking place at the corperate level Majestic was being bought out by CFM. Still most stoves were ok

elkimmeg said:
At least that is the 2250 model and parts are available replacement of the back plate is not that bad of a task I do not have a price for the part. It looks good in the picture but many spray can paint it to look that way. at $800 and in good condition that would be a fair price from 800 to 1000 ok over that you are buying a 10 year stove with some unknowns. Completely reconditioned worth between 1000 and 1200. These are my best guesses as to values. I might add that 1996 is not known as one of VC best years for quality control Lot of changes were taking place at the corperate level Majestic was being bought out by CFM. Still most stoves were ok

A one QC issue was the plate cracking but replacement may afford many more productive years

Status
Not open for further replies.