cptoneleg Posted By cptoneleg, May 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

1. cptoneleg

cptoneleg
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Just walking around yard snapping a few, drinking a few also:) Had a Wine Festival here in Front Royal was really Fun, Last time I drank wine was in the 60s Boons Farm 99 cents a bottle.

Attached Files:

Eatonpcat, ScotO, PapaDave and 2 others like this.
  2. fossil

fossil
    Accidental Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Loc:
    Bend, OR
    When we (my deceased wife and I) lived in Fairfax (1995-2007), we had a weekend place on the South Fork of the Shenandoah 9 miles north of Luray off 340 on Island Ford Rd. (~15 miles upriver from Front Royal). We like wine, as do some of our friends, so we explored the area a bit. This place in particular stands out in my memory as having been quite a pleasant experience, probably my favorite in the area that I visited:

http://www.lindenvineyards.com/

3. PapaDave

PapaDave
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 23, 2008
    Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Love to see some daytime shots of those.

4. yooperdave

yooperdave
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2010
    Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Boones Farm for 99 cents in the sixties??? You must have been drinkin the vintage stuff!!

Nice pics.

5. jimbom

jimbom
    Combustion Analyzer 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2010
    Loc:
    Missouri Ozarks
    Some tropical areas of the world have quite an array of night blooming flowers. I especially remember high vines with ghostly white blossoms. Double entendre descriptions in foreign languages are difficult. Associates messaged me to meet them where the night flowers appear. I thought I was pretty clever because I actually had noticed a location outside the village where the white night flowers were spectacular. So there I went. No one showed up. Next day I figured out I was supposed to go to the house of ill repute where the other kind of night flowers appear.