Night Pictures Around The Yard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
Just walking around yard snapping a few, drinking a few also:) Had a Wine Festival here in Front Royal was really Fun, Last time I drank wine was in the 60s Boons Farm 99 cents a bottle.

Attachments

• SDC10453.JPG
    SDC10453.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 127
  • SDC10449.JPG
    SDC10449.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 138
When we (my deceased wife and I) lived in Fairfax (1995-2007), we had a weekend place on the South Fork of the Shenandoah 9 miles north of Luray off 340 on Island Ford Rd. (~15 miles upriver from Front Royal). We like wine, as do some of our friends, so we explored the area a bit. This place in particular stands out in my memory as having been quite a pleasant experience, probably my favorite in the area that I visited:

http://www.lindenvineyards.com/

Some tropical areas of the world have quite an array of night blooming flowers. I especially remember high vines with ghostly white blossoms. Double entendre descriptions in foreign languages are difficult. Associates messaged me to meet them where the night flowers appear. I thought I was pretty clever because I actually had noticed a location outside the village where the white night flowers were spectacular. So there I went. No one showed up. Next day I figured out I was supposed to go to the house of ill repute where the other kind of night flowers appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.