Nightmare: Chimney fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefrompa

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2010
SE PA
I had a very realistic-feeling nightmare last night that I had a viscious unstoppable chimney fire.

In my dream, I looked out my window at my chimney. The orange-brown masonry was cracked and fallen upon on all four sides, the chimney cap was 5 feet away and a blasted, twisted, melted mass of metal (apparently my chimney fire involved some explosions), and the chimney itself was half melted.

What's weird is that the dream slowly morphed into the waking world, to the point where I went downstairs and began to check on the fire, then remembered that my chimney had burnt down, then remembered that that was a dream...

I'm definitely addicted to wood burning :)

I can hear your wife now:
"Honey, please get off the computer... you know watching that hearth.com before bed gives you bad dreams!"

Status
Not open for further replies.