Nights like this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackdog

Dec 26, 2008
Tabernash, CO
It's nights like this that I wish my stove would operate on a setting higher than 1. At 5:30 a.m. the temperature outside is -31° F and the inside temperature is only 67° with the stove and the electric heat on.

I don't know what it did on 3, since I never tried it. It used to increase the fan speed and feed rate when I put it on 2. Now the fan rate stays the same and the feed rate increases and tends to just fill the burn pot and eventually smother the fire. It really is only a problem when it gets below -10-15°. The fan runs faster when in cool-down mode, so I don't think it is the fan. I am afraid it is the control board, so I guess I'll just live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.