Nikon--Good customer service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
About a month ago I grabbed my Nikon Trailblazer binoculars to look at something outside and I couldn't see through the right side because there was so much moisture inside. The last time I'd used them was a couple of months before that while scouting a hunting area in the rain. I hadn't used them all that much but at about 3 years old they were well out of the one year warranty period. They retail for somewhere around $160 so they're not Nikon's top of the line, but I'd always been happy with them.
I boxed them up with a note and shipped them to Nikon not knowing what kind of help I'd get. About a week later Nikon emailed me with login info for their website. On their website, they said they would fix them for $10 plus shipping. Not a bad deal at all, so I paid it. Shortly after that, the status of my claim on their site changed from "repair" to "replace." Last Thursday, the UPS truck brought me a brand new pair.

Reactions: Tuneighty
Status
Not open for further replies.