1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

NJ Wood Pellets at $162.00 per tone!?!?!?!?!?!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by richg, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    Sure, just have them drop off 23 tons in your driveway!
  3. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Holy moses! We have to be getting a royal screwing paying $250-$290 a ton in Pittsfield Ma.
    That`s quite a price spread. We need competition badly.
    John
  4. PelletOwner

PelletOwner New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    It's only good if you buy 12 or 23 tons of pellets. I don't know about you, but they'd probably absorb too much moisture over the course of two years.

Plus, if the pellets are crap, you're out 162x23 dollars + shipping + you have to dispose of 23 tons of crap.

Not a bad deal on the 12 ton load, but you'd have to find a few people to go in on it with you - not to mention the logistics of splitting and storing 12 tons of pellets!
  5. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Good points made but finding 2-3 others to split cost and pick up their share of 12 tons at that low price wouldn`t be hard to manage.
    John
  6. rmac

rmac New Member

Loc:
    central NJ
    Wow! Does anyone have more details? Has anyone burned them? It's only about 20 miles from my house. I'll give them a call and find out what I can. Thanks for the heads up!
  7. myee001

myee001 New Member

Loc:
    Westchester, NY
    I talked to them already. One catch to this. They don't provide a forklift to remove the pallets from the truck.
  8. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doesn`t make a lot of sense to offer a product for sale with delivery and no way of off loading them.
    1 or 2 or even 3 tons wouldn`t be awfully troublesome by hand but 12-23 tons?
    John
  9. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    At those prices the dealers and resellers will
    be the ones ordering by the trailer.
  10. CuCullin

CuCullin New Member

Loc:
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    You could always play reseller, buy 23 tons, sell to the neighbors at $200/ton :D If you only keep 3 tons for yourself, thats $436 in your pocket (after paying for your own pellets :D)
  11. kohout77

kohout77 New Member

Loc:
    long island
    Pellets are 125 to 155 a ton wholesale it cost just as much to ship per ton a pellet dealer only makes about 50 to 75 a ton
  12. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Been quoting a few prices to you MA and VT area burners. Right now shipping is $3.00 to $3.25 a mile out east. No one for the Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana area wants to go out east with their trucks because there is no freight coming back. The BIG companies will do it because they are only paying their drivers around $125 a day. Good luck on getting pellets close to last years prices. I am still at $190 a ton in N/E Ohio.

Eric
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.