no better way to spend a morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

88gmc1

Oct 12, 2007
another nice day :coolsmile:

Attachments

• PICT0089.JPG
    PICT0089.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,009
I've got to ask... what is the story on that tractor? Looks like the brggs insignia on the hood. My 30HP is going to be too big for mowing duties on my new lot so I am looking for "above avergage" mower/tractor units. I still lug wood with my HF wood cart.

Highbeam
I bought that tractor off the "used stuff" web page, it says MoTo-Mower on the hood, and Roper on the steering wheel. it is a 16hp single Briggs. 3 speed fwd 1 reverse with a hi-lo shifter that gives me 6 fwd. and 2 rev. very similar to old Sears type tractor of that vintage. I think they were all the same just different names and paint.It came with chains, wheel weights, snow plow, cutting deck and snow blower. all for $250.00 cutting deck and snow blower were F.U.B.A.R. but I bought it to pull my trailer around the yard, I have a small John Deere for cutting grass and an old Noma snow blower so I did not need that stuff anyways, it isn't perfect by any means, the charging system does not work, I just put the charger on it and run it for however long it takes to do the job. I have only had the charger on it 2 times since July, the battery lasts a long time. throttle it up pop the clutch in 3rd gear hi range and it will wheely across the driveway. Don't ask me how I found out it would do that, (I do it for fun now)

Thanks 88. You got a great deal.

88GMC1 said:
another nice day :coolsmile:
Nice to see other people enjoy the simpler things in life too. I bet a cup of coffee tasted good out there also.
Keep enjoying. :)

thanks NO60
I am a Tea drinker though, all in all relaxing through and through ..... and when things during the work week happen at life speed it does one good to slow down and enjoy a day on the wood lot.

When I worked at Lowe's we had a guy run into the store wall when we were putting them up at night like that. He was really suprised and embarrassed. I was dying laughing.

88GMC1 said:
Highbeam
throttle it up pop the clutch in 3rd gear hi range and it will wheely across the driveway. Don't ask me how I found out it would do that, (I do it for fun now)

I had a similar experience with my son's Honda 50 (with a case of beer at a weekend BBQ!!) :ahhh:

Nice woodshed.

just a comment to 88GMC...im officially the pro of wheeling on a honda 50cc elsinore. i can wheelie down an entire 167 gravel drive i just do it sober...

im a 15 year old with the back of a 40 year old, the brain of a 25 year old entreprenuer, and the childish side of an 8 year old. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.