no brake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
my chain brake isn't working on my 028. I've never messed with something like that on the saw before. I assume it's some sort of a clutch type band or something. can anybody advise me on this?

I haven't looked on the net yet for parts, but if you know a good supplier that I won't find easily, then let me know. also, I was wondering if there were "exploded view" type shop manuals on these things, or something that would show what I need to be doing.

Take a look at the chainsaw forum here: http://arboristsite.com/
I was able to find and down load the service manual for my Husky 350, it was a big help in the rebuild.

Last winter the brake band on my husky broke twice. It was a pain to replace but certainly do-able as I managed to figure it out and I'm not real handy at fixing things like this. I ordered the part through my local dealer - could have ordered in online but found the shipping to be more cost than the part (cheap part).

I have a pdf copy of the regular manual if you are interested. Send me a PM with your email address in it. If you find the service manual as a pdf, I would like a copy too. Perhaps a collection of manuals would be helpful to have on this website?

Status
Not open for further replies.