No combustion Air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltlhawk

Burning Hunk
Nov 24, 2012
Pelham, NH
I have a friend with a Lexington Forge free standing natural gas stove that stopped working the night of the storm and i have not been able to get it working properly since. If I leave the door open a crack the stove will run properly. If I close the door, the flame slowly burns out.

Does anyone know where the combustion air comes from, is it inside the vent pipe or is it from the room? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have a friend with a Lexington Forge free standing natural gas stove that stopped working the night of the storm and i have not been able to get it working properly since. If I leave the door open a crack the stove will run properly. If I close the door, the flame slowly burns out.

Does anyone know where the combustion air comes from, is it inside the vent pipe or is it from the room? Any suggestions are appreciated.

That's a Direct Vent (DV) stove. Combustion air comes in thru the outer pipe & exhaust goes out the inner one. Not really familiar with the venting, but it's either 5"ID 8" OD or 4" ID x 6" OD. Check the cap. You may have an ice build up that's blocking the intake.

great information, thank yo so much. I will have my friend check that tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.