no deals at ace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
While out today, I went to my local ace to see about prices on the Lignetic hardwoods they sell. Mind you, I bought mine for 265. a ton in the spring.....they are at 290.00 and wonder why they are slow? I do my best to give locals business, but all this talk of others getting deals and this is definately not one! Just an FYI

Maybe a volume thing. The Aces and Aubuchon's near me get like 4 tons at a time, so they probably aren't getting the best deal out there. But I love when you call them and ask if they have plenty of pellets and they answer something like "Hell yeah, we have like 15 or 20 bags" D'oh

Local hardware store is still at $279 for, if I remember correctly, Maine Woods pellets. I'm all set, thanks!

The ace here is selling them for 249 due to local competition in the area (True Value a quarter mile down the road is putting on the pressure). NEWP are around 259 from a local dealer, O'Malleys are 249.

i don't need them, just figured I would check pricing to see if they are coming down like some of you have reported. I plan on calling a few places around to see what they have and pricing and keep a chart for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.