No Fire Last Night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Last night we had the temp in the basement 80 degrees with the main floor 72-73, let the fire go out and hit the sack (11:00pm). The outside temp was 25 this morning with the temps on the main floor 68, pictured is the first load after establishing coals this morning with the stove top temp (600) and the flue temp 375 and a snow squal outside.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2084.jpg
    100_2084.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_2086.jpg
    100_2086.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_2087.jpg
    100_2087.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_2088.jpg
    100_2088.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 206
I guess thats a squall. I cant see nothin. It feels very good to wake up warm, knowing that wood kept you that way all night.

Franks said:
I guess thats a squall. I cant see nothin. It feels very good to wake up warm, knowing that wood kept you that way all night.

Frank are you getting that good ole lake effect?

zap

Looks like its snowing heavy.

My fire went out during the night got real chilly.

Tonight here its going to get down to 23.

corey21 said:
Looks like its snowing heavy.

My fire went out during the night got real chilly.

Tonight here its going to get down to 23.

Corey21 this is the view from the same window five minutes ago.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2089.jpg
    100_2089.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 169
Zap, we had some snow but basically only flurries of that big fluffy kind. It didn't last long so our stretch of bare ground continues.

Now you are no doubt happy you got that stuff off the high ground.

Crazy weather going on.

Its going to snow here Tuesday night.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, we had some snow but basically only flurries of that big fluffy kind. It didn't last long so our stretch of bare ground continues.

Now you are no doubt happy you got that stuff off the high ground.

Sav I did get the hardwood from up top down and some of the aspen but still have close to a cord up top. I still think that I might get the rest down.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.