No fire on Thanksgiving?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cory92 said:
We'll watch the Macy's parade after I get the bird in the roaster.

Off topic but I have been disappointed with the parade last couple years, WAY too much commercialization (like the tweenie acts that n-o-b-o-d-y has ever heard of). I wouldn't be surprised if they started with the annoying pop up ads this year. I'm Dvr'ing this year and will skip past all the b/s to show the kids what everyone kid wants to see, huge balloons, marching bands, and the rockettes (for my son).

Adios Pantalones said:
Ya, people come to our house around the holidays- have a glass of wine, sit in front of the fire, and fall asleep. Things could be worse than that.

hahaha, my wife and I are hosting our first Thanksgiving and last night she was setting up a card table by the stove. I pitty the person who draws the chair closest to the stove because their back is going to melt.

Mr T - 25 November 2008 02:15 PM
My wife says our guests will be too hot, with the oven going all day and everything going on. I said they should know by now to bring shorts to our house.....

Sounds like a good time for a game of strip poker or “coed naked twister”

I am guessing that you don't do the traditional Thankgiving dinner with Elders, Kids family and friends. I think the Pilgrims started the Coed naked twister tradition when they found a multicolored big dot gameboard on Plymouth rock upon landing.

Highbeam said:
In this situation I let the house get pretty cold, like 65, before guests arrive and have a fire ready to light at the first mention of coolness. It will heat up quick, people will be impressed with your fire starting skills, and as they watch the roaring startup fire they will drink and more easily be hypnotized by the system. Their full bellies will make them sleepy for sure.

It stinks to be hot and try to fill your belly at the same time. Let your wife win sorta.

This definately makes the most sense!

j00fek said:
get a couple stiff whiskey drinks in ya and you wont be cold at all =]

The wife has to work and the kids are gone. I'll be all alone. Anyone want to come over and split wood? I'll show ya my stove!
I'll probably pass out and the fire will die. Oh bother.

I would just burn a small fire, There is nothing worse than going to a house that is too hot and dry from a raging woodstove. With all of the guests body heat and the turkey in the oven it should be pretty warm anyways.Unless you have plans to drive the in-laws away early.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.