No Fire Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
It's 68 outside. It's not only too hot for a fire, it's too hot to split wood. Pretty rare for Michigan in mid November.

Been hot like that here for 5 days. I heard a jetski on L. Michigan yesterday. Dunno what the heck is up with this, but it is rather nice.

It's 70 outside right now here.

Only 30f/-1c here. Should be at least 5f/-15c this time of year. Letting the stove go out today and will take the solar gain. Will do a restart tomorrow morning if it ever decides to cool off.

Sunday will be one week since I burned. Could have this morning though got down to 28 but warmed up to 66 today. Weird it dropped so fast without any real cold front. Went to bed at 8 PM it was 51 out, too hot to burn, woke up at 11:30PM for work it was down to 42, burning point but had to leave for work, got home at 4 AM it was 31 degrees.

Oh well, donating a little more to the propane man. Looks like it might be until middle of next week til it gets to burning temps again.

14F at my place this morning, there is cold air around. We're supposed to have a couple more nights in the teen before it warms up a little. Supposed to get into the 50s next week.

I was pleased that with an overnight low of 14, my overnight burn kept the lower floor at 70.

I see it is 68 in Lansing, yet, just across the pond it is snowing in Wisconsin and just starting to move into the U.P.

There is over 20 degrees difference between Lansing and Gaylord.

schortie said:
It's 68 outside. It's not only too hot for a fire, it's too hot to split wood.

:lol: I pray for 68* days in the spring to split wood :p

Its been in the teens here the past two weeks, had one morning the thermometer was set at 1 degree. Have been burning every day.

north of 60 said:
Will do a restart tomorrow morning if it ever decides to cool off.

There has got to be a joke in there somewhere No60 - just has to be. :lol:

north of 60 said:
Only 30f/-1c here. Should be at least 5f/-15c this time of year. Letting the stove go out today and will take the solar gain. Will do a restart tomorrow morning if it ever decides to cool off.

I hear ya.....I only fire the AC if it's forcast to be over 92*....the cool Gulf breezes do the rest

Absolutely bizzare weather here. For 6 days its been in the lower to mid 70's by day and then drops to just about 30 at night. I drive around with the AC on in my truck in the day. As soon as the sun sets it drops 25 degrees in about 2 hours and I light a quick fire before bed. Very easy wood burning weather. I want more.

n3pro said:
Sunday will be one week since I burned. Could have this morning though got down to 28 but warmed up to 66 today. Weird it dropped so fast without any real cold front. Went to bed at 8 PM it was 51 out, too hot to burn, woke up at 11:30PM for work it was down to 42, burning point but had to leave for work, got home at 4 AM it was 31 degrees.

Oh well, donating a little more to the propane man. Looks like it might be until middle of next week til it gets to burning temps again.
Same here,if it stayed like this I would have enough wood for three years cut and stacked.

Jags said:
north of 60 said:
Will do a restart tomorrow morning if it ever decides to cool off.

There has got to be a joke in there somewhere No60 - just has to be. :lol:

No punch line there Jags. The Stove is in the basement and the floors,walls etc... are all up to a good temp. The house holds the heat well along with the extra the windows will grab from solar gain from the bright sun we had today. Stove and coffee will both be going 1st thing in the morning along with checking in on the HEARTH. :)
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.