No flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

livefreeordie

Nov 21, 2010
Rochester, NH
Hey guys
I never had this problem before maybe you can shed some light on the issue. I have an Enviro empress 11 fs stove that's only three years old. I clean the stove every week and after a ton and a half or so i do a deep clean. Currently i'm burning green supreme pellets. Shortly after the stove lights the burn pot gets filled with pellets and smothers the flame then the stove shuts itself off. I've played with the feed rate,temp setting,blower speed and the air damper. I'm at a loss here.

Thanks

OK, i figures this out. The poor quality of the green supreme pellets require all settings to be on the max settings. These pellets heat the stove nice but there is little heat form the blower's. All the blower fans are working fine and there are no codes, its just a poor pellet. Oh well live and learn! green supreme's are good enough for the early season.

Status
Not open for further replies.