No Harman Stoves here in Northeat PA. until March at the very earliest!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fazzer

May 26, 2008
northeast PA
Just had my Harman Accentra free standing installed yesterday. I bought it in May. It was on sale,can you believe that! My installer said Harman cannot ship any unit at least March to them with no definte date. Buisness is booming and they are selling 8-10 stoves a day!! Good luck to those who have there's now. I hope everyone who has a order pending gets there stove soon. Also pellets here are in good supply I bought 3 tons of premium barefoot pellets a few miles from my house for 197 a ton. alot of the hardware stores sell them here. We have alot of small towns here and they generally have them in stock. Now I have to learn how use the stove!!

Interesting....

I saw a Syracuse hearth company's TV advertisement during the news last night. This company sells Harman (and Harmans were featured in the ad). Somehow, I don't think I'd be advertising (why pay to increase your store traffic) if you don't have product to sell.

I bought my Envio Mini two months ago, and I was not the only one thinking of next winter. I bet not to long after I bough mine there was a sharp increase in sales.

All from the oil increase.
An aquaintence of mine just yesterday told me his natural gas budget payment plan doubled from $150 month to $300. He is gone south 6 months and keeps his house on 55 degrees F. He said it jumped from $6.50 per 100 CF to $13.25 . I was seriously contemplating switching to gas but not now if the above is true.
John

Giovanni said:
An aquaintence of mine just yesterday told me his natural gas budget payment plan doubled from $150 month to $300. He is gone south 6 months and keeps his house on 55 degrees F. He said it jumped from $6.50 per 100 CF to $13.25 . I was seriously contemplating switching to gas but not now if the above is true.
John

and I have gas... any jump like this will make me look like a superstar in the eyes of the wife :p in going with pellets.

Giovanni said:
He said it jumped from $6.50 per 100 CF to $13.25 .

Ouch. Almost as bas a jump as oil. If that's true, it puts quite a damper on the "gas and electricity are regulated so I'll switch to one of those to insulate myself from price spikes" argument.

Having had a headache experience recently in trying to procure a stove, I have had time to contemplate manu things. Reading several posts in this forum have given me a better perspective (along with some time to reflect).

I read - I think from Craig - "if you really want a stove it does not matter when you get it" - I am paraphrasing a bit, but I think the them rings true. That was very sound advice. I do not plan to through my new heating system away next summer, so I have many years to recoup and enjoy my investment.

If everybody could get a taste of that perspective, then at the end of the day, if you do get a stove - all manufacturers will ultimately meet the demand.

My concern sadly - is that some dealers may be arbitrarily inflated the demand by placing extremely large and erratic orders. I do not know this for sure, but there is that impression, which in itself is sad.

I have found solace in the optimism through and look forward to using my pellet stove - when it gets here eventually.

ducker said:
Giovanni said:
John

and I have gas... any jump like this will make me look like a superstar in the eyes of the wife :p in going with pellets.

That's no easy task, ducker. I'd play it for your favorite meal and a long back rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.