No idea whats wrong with my harman!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
I have a accentra, if the burnpot fills with ash the stove starts to burn sooty. I get the lazy flame and black soot ... def a fuel to air prob.. BUT I have cleaned it, changed gaskets and so forth..
Here is the funny part, called dealer and he says his is giving him the same problem! But he can't figure it out either... the only thing left is esp, com blower and circuit board.. he has changed his esp and board and same thing... we are thinking the com blower, but he says he has never seen a bad one that still ran, usually they just stop..
Any ideas?
It's very frustrating
My accentra doesn't have the ddmm port on the front and the white screw is turned all the way to the right
Any help is much appreciated!

Shot gaskets (door, window, burn pot), plugged burn pot holes (don't forget the ones right at the end of the auger, crud around the igniter area, crap in the vent termination, stuff stuck to the esp (they need a bit of cleaning as well).

SmokeyTheBear said:
Shot gaskets (door, window, burn pot), plugged burn pot holes (don't forget the ones right at the end of the auger, crud around the igniter area, crap in the vent termination, stuff stuck to the esp (they need a bit of cleaning as well).

Didn't know about a burnpot gasket! Thanks! I have done everything else you mentioned but I will double check down in the burnpot for clogged holes.. the ones on the end towards the glass are ok

The only thing I am not able to do is the burnpot gasket.. not yet anyways
All holes are clear cleaned esp ...( wasn't much build up on it ) stove was cleaner than I expected ... turned feed down to 2 and so far holding up ... but I did scrape behind the com fan with a tool a scraped off a ton of junk hopefully that was it...

"com fan with a tool a scraped off a ton of junk hopefully that was it… "

That'll do it.

Well I think I know what it is!
The stove does not run all the motors in test mode.. it basically shuts itself down ... which tells me it must be the board
Manual says in test mode all motors run for one minute we the auger find for about 2 seconds if that and the com blower just runs on low ...
Which tells me there must be something wrong with the board

I have an older breckwell. I had similar symptoms, burn pot filled up with ash & clunkers every day along with lazy flames. When I would spin the combustion blower fan by hand, the fan would not spin very freely like it should. Finally the combustion blower just sized up tight. So I replaced it. Now the pellet stove seems to work better than it ever did.

venting clean?

eric

did you try buying a few bags of a different pellet to rule out fuel?

I have cleaned vent and tried 4 different pellets.. with no luck...
But I can not get the stove to run right in test mode.. so it has to be the board not the blower
As the auger and everything works normally when it is not in test mode just the com blower won't kick up to high
In test mode the com blower won't kick up and the auger won't turn enough to sustain a fire when it is supposed to run non stop for 1 minute
So I must have a problem in the board somewhere and a bad blower possibly:(

iceman said:
The only thing I am not able to do is the burnpot gasket.. not yet anyways
All holes are clear cleaned esp ...( wasn't much build up on it ) stove was cleaner than I expected ... turned feed down to 2 and so far holding up ... but I did scrape behind the com fan with a tool a scraped off a ton of junk hopefully that was it...

DO NOT REPLACE THE BURN POT GASKET. THAT'S NOT IT. I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT I'LL TELL YOU IT'S NOT THAT.

Your stove does have a DDM port, it's hiding. Rub your finger over the mylar sticker where the controls are, either on top or bottom and a little rectangle depression will appear. You have to cut out that flap with a razor to access the port.

I won't touch the burnpot gasket, kinda figured it wasn't it...
I think I am gonna have to call for service as its Prolly the board or something more serious... I was only running it at 2 prior to this year so dunno how long it coulda been acting this way

Status
Not open for further replies.