NO LEAK IN MY POND LINER: SORRY FOR THE MISINFORMATION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GibsonGuy

Oct 8, 2007
CORRECTION: There is NO LEAK in my pond liner. I thought I should set the record straight. The crib around my tank seemed to be the source, but with the warmer weather and lack of condensation, it is apparent that there is no leak. I feel bad if a scared anyone away from this storage solution. I believe it is one of the least expensive methods, if not the least expensive method for storing large volumes of water. I also believe water storage is the only way to go. The open system, which was required by the inspector certainly has its downside and condensation is one of them. I thought I had the tank pretty well sealed up, but obviously not. It is something that I'll work on over the summer.

It had been recommended that I use foil faced bubble wrap on the surface of the water. I painstakingly got things pretty tight, but I would not recommend it. It will not hold up. The foil will come off of the bubble wrap and I'm afraid the pieces may get into the plumbing. I removed all of mine, strained out the particles and replaced it will heavy plastic. I'll probably drain the tank this summer and do a thorough cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.