No luck with 3" Duravent pellet appliance adapter. How does it fit? - Answer found! Unbelieveble!!

Don2222 Posted By Don2222, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM

1. chamas

chamas
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 13, 2011
    Loc:
    PNW
    I wonder if this difference is not so much simple plain sloppy workmanship but more related to the planned quality differences mandated by the big box stores (and Walmart) buyers mandating lower prices from suppliers, even if it means lower quality goods in the same packaging! Snapper (lawnmowers) for one, wouldn't take the bait.

IOW, the big stores specify lower quality products that look like the better ones, to sell at lower prices.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/102/open_snapper.html

2. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Because they all read posts #6 & #7 and didn't need to go any further. :cheese:

3. yooper81

yooper81
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2012
    Loc:
    U.P Michigan
    You are absolutely correct! My bad. Realized that today while cleaning. Sorry for the mis-info....

4. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    I agree, maybe we are victims of the Walmart effect.
    If Lowes pays less for each batch, then they have to put less material in each order to break even!!

5. TLHinCanada

TLHinCanada
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 7, 2011
    Loc:
    Canada
    I got to ask, you returned the fitting that you crimped? If you did you don't have brass you got titanium.

6. xraycer

xraycer
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2011
    Loc:
    Pelham NH
    Worst scenario is that they say no. Obviously, this is a legitimate issue, so no guilt what's so ever. They're not going to risk losiing a customer for $12. Now, that you found the issue, Don, I hope you bring this to the attention of the store manager. This might help save the next for slob the headache.

Funny story. I worked at Sears for many years during my high school and college years(early 90's). One time, an older gentleman brought in a box fan because he said it doesn't work any more. The fan was worn, had plenty of rust.............and was factory painted avocado green (for anyone that doesn't know, avocado green was the rage color in the 70's). My manager gave him a store credit. Now, those are balls of titanium.