1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

No Mortar Brick Oven

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by DevilsBrew, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DevilsBrew

DevilsBrew Minister of Fire

n3pro and fishingpol like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    There is a small pizza oven on Youtube where they use angle iron from a bed frame and firebricks. It looks like it makes a respectable pizzas.

Is there a project in your future DB?
  3. DevilsBrew

Yes. I am planning on playing with brick rocket stoves grills and pizza ovens. Eventually, I would like to merge the two into one structure. I don't want to make a permanent build for various reasons. Since this will be outside, I won't need to use mortar.

My timeline is iffy because I am taking care of a very sick dog and have a business on the side. I am hoping to start in July.

Do you have the link to that video? I would love to see it.
  4. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Here you go.

Pretty respectable heat. An insulative blanket would do wonders keeping the heat in. A piece of angle iron in front of the coals would help prevent the burnt crust.

Just curious, what are your thoughts for making a pizza with a rocket stove incorporation?
    DevilsBrew likes this.
  5. DevilsBrew

I say why not? There are rocket cob ovens. I don't know why there aren't more outdoor rocket brick ovens. The traditional oven design is perfect for a rocket stove. I have the patience of a gnat so it works great for me - fast cooking and mortarless (which would allow me to take the oven apart and put together over and over again).
    fishingpol likes this.