No Pellets Feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defield

Nov 21, 2008
South Central Maine
Lopi Leyden.

Running on manual. Fire went out. No pellets in burn pot. Red feed light was coming on, but no pellets dropping.

Pushed manual feed. Red feed light comes on, no pellets drop. Hopper full.

Have not had time to investigate further.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Old Ranger

Do you hear the motor running when you push the manual button? If you do it could be bridging. If the motor doesn't turn than its an auger jam or dead motor.

Keep us posted.

I get the very same thing from time to time. I have a bbq fork that i go up the poon & poke & press start . I repeat a few times & that usually does the trick. When it doesn't , i open the lid & check for pellets that might be holding up the safety knob. Also check to make sure there isn't a pellet or two caught inside the housing of the safety knob which could also stop it from depressing. It's nothing major for sure but it can be a pain in the arse. Let's hear how you make out. I swear sometimes my stove is like a computer. I kinda scratch my head & wonder what the f@#$ now. Good luck Ranger

Agree with both posts above. Could be safety switch, auger jam, or loose auger set screw on the shaft. Also, double check your vacuum switch and associated tubing for a blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.