No Power To My American Harvest Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CREATIVECOOP

Apr 11, 2016
Poynette, WI
I bought a slightly used American Harvest wood stove from friends. Model 6039. It was working fine for a couple of weeks and now seems to not have any power going to it. The side panel does not light up at all.
Circuit breaker is not kicked and I did unplug it and plug back in...
Is there a reset button for this stove? Who or Where can I have it looked at it.

I bought a slightly used American Harvest wood stove from friends. Model 6039. It was working fine for a couple of weeks and now seems to not have any power going to it. The side panel does not light up at all.
Circuit breaker is not kicked and I did unplug it and plug back in...
Is there a reset button for this stove? Who or Where can I have it looked at it.
Welcome to the forum. Couple of questions for you.

Do you have it on a surge protector?

On the back of the stove have you checked where the power cord plugs into the stove, that can come loose?

If you have a multimeter or tick tracer can you check the power cord to make sure there is power through the cord to the stove?

If all of the above checks out then you will need to remove the left panel to access the control board. Make sure the stove is unplugged and then make sure you discharge any static from your body before touching that board.

You will find two small fuses on the board, you will need to check those. Hopefully it's just a fuse and not the board getting toasted. The fuses will be marked telling you what they are for, without looking at the board there might be three fuses but IIRC there are two.

If you find a fuse blown then you should take care and try and figure out why it blew. You don't want to have to continue changing fuses and hoping that they work good enough not to cause damage to that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.