No Pride Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
Been busy this year and haven't gotten a lot of scrounging in other than my 5 cord Black Oak score in August. So, saw this one come up Friday night for bucked 15 months ago, not split, stacked pine rounds and it sounded like at least a load. Worked out to be a full load and pretty dry already. Picked it up, split it and got it under a roof in 3 hours flat and about 7 bucks in gas. I know, no pride.

Attachments

• 120411 pine score.jpg
    120411 pine score.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 512
  • 120411 pine split under a roof.jpg
    120411 pine split under a roof.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 515
  • 120411 sunset.jpg
    120411 sunset.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 500
Good for you Solar. Soon you'll be getting those big snows off the lake and the area will be all white and not so easy to get some wood.

3 hours...
Impressive :)
For $7, a pretty big pile.
It's all BTUs

Nice timely job. That sunset pix is a good one, it sets off the end of a good day.

Impresive

Completely shameless !

That pile isn't all today. Brought home a full trailer which is about a cord depending on where you are on the round vs split volume debate. The sunset was spectacular other than when it occurred.

SolarAndWood said:
Been busy this year and haven't gotten a lot of scrounging in other than my 5 cord Black Oak score in August. So, saw this one come up Friday night for bucked 15 months ago, not split, stacked pine rounds and it sounded like at least a load. Worked out to be a full load and pretty dry already. Picked it up, split it and got it under a roof in 3 hours flat and about 7 bucks in gas. I know, no pride.

Great sunset Solar, looks like you get plenty of sun for your wood to season.

zap

It was stellar here today Zap, hope it was as nice in the north country. That shed is on the windward side of the house so it gets both the sun and the wind. Howls pretty good on this ridge. Great for wood drying, not so good for the amount of wood needed to keep the house warm.

Only 5 cords of oak :p

What does pride ever have to do with this most honorable pursuit?

I could see you being satisfied with this score, to fend off freezing.

Nice scrounge there, I'd be proud of that lot ;-)

weatherguy said:
Only 5 cords of oak :p

The problem with the Oak is the timing. Who knows when that will be dry even stacked while the pine will be ready to burn this winter. The lessers are pretty nice that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.