No smoke?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
I just reloaded my stove somewhat of a hot reload top temp was around 450*. I had the air open all the way and the bypass I figured I'd give it a couple minutes for the New wood to get charred so I went outside to have a smoke and look at stars when I noticed that there was no smoke coming out of the chimney. I went inside to see if maybe I had left the bypass closed on accident I hadn't and was just wondering why wouldn't there have been smoke coming up the chimney it seems strange to me.

450::F+lots of air=complete burn

Fox thats kind of what I was thinking but I was also thinking theres a couple new logs maybe they should be putting out some smoke. Anyway its been one heck of a learning experience with this wood burning stuff.

You can't always get a smoke free reload, but that's a good way to do it. This is my fist year with an EPA, so I'm learning a lot myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.