No Stove Deals Out There!! WHAT???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daryl

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Western WI
We have been getting some good news from some of our distributers Prices are coming back down. Lennox is offering a fall deal.$200.00 off Country wood stoves from 8/17/09 - 11/15/09.And they lowered the retail price also.
Country stoves are a workhorse stove that Is built like a brick you know what. They also look nice for a steel stove good fit and finish.large glass proven secondary burn system.And a company that backs them up with a good warranty.
A large legacy stove w/ ped and ashpan in 2008 cost $2603.00 retail
A large Legacy stove w/ ped and ashpan in 2009 cost $1893.00 after $200.00 instant savings.
So my math shows me a savings of $710.00 in one year.I am not even saying anyyhing about the tax credit because that is between you and your tax adviser.

This is just one example of a stove and there are other deals out there also.And buying from a dealer keeps the money you spend in your area. This is a time where we have to look after whats yours and mine. Needed to get that off my chest.

I think the word (tax credit) you mentioned is still the Big answer. In the dealers mind anyway. Right or wrong. & I know its wrong.
N of 60

At the end of the month/ beginning of sept. here in MN a lot of the dealers are have in 10-20% off state fair sales, so if anyone is looking that would be the time to buy.

north of 60 said:
I think the word (tax credit) you mentioned is still the Big answer. In the dealers mind anyway. Right or wrong. & I know its wrong.
N of 60

N of 60
The tax credit is for so many other things not for just bio mass that meet the efficiency standerds.House insulation doors windows.Too many things for me to list.If this tax credit brings a few customers my way great. But when you only make 30-40 points on a stove sale am I suppose to give the customer 15% of that.My installers like to be paid,My trucks need gas,the rent and utilteys,workmans comp,inventory.If they dont like it order one from a online dealer.But do not call me when warranty work needs to be done because that doesnt pay well anyways.

Daryl said:
north of 60 said:
N of 60

N of 60
The tax credit is for so many other things not for just bio mass that meet the efficiency standerds.House insulation doors windows.Too many things for me to list.If this tax credit brings a few customers my way great. But when you only make 30-40 points on a stove sale am I suppose to give the customer 15% of that.My installers like to be paid,My trucks need gas,the rent and utilteys,workmans comp,inventory.If they dont like it order one from a online dealer.But do not call me when warranty work needs to be done because that doesnt pay well anyways.

I agree and understood Daryl. Consumers still have to make sure the vendors can operate with a profit to feed their families,keep the lights on etc... also. My angle, but didnt say in detail is that if vendors are raising there sell price due to the credit %age. RE: making it a wash, then it doesnt help the economy move on. Not everybody is doing this but Iam sure some are and that is what I meant by saying its not right. I am sure the playing feild is not level out there, especially for smaller operations. I hope my input can be taken the right way.
N of 60

Daryl said:
north of 60 said:
N of 60

N of 60

I feel you, buddy... we have run into a rough spot with some of that, too, as some of the mfrs have actually dropped retail $ on some stoves (the harman p43 is a big one.. used to be 3099 now msrp 2499), so you are taking a hit on what you have in stock, anyway.. a little price dickering is part of the biz, but people get all offended when you don't hand out a discount of at least 10-15%.

Status
Not open for further replies.