No Thanks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Scarborough, Maine
Drove by the local Agway in Kezar Falls today. I slowed down when I noticed pallets wrapped in white plastic. Almost stopped and got out to investigate, when I saw a word spray painted on the side of one of the pallets. It read INFERNOS! Well, I stepped HARD on the accelerator and peeled out of that parking lot faster than you can say low heat, high ash!

EarlyMan

Hello

I would make a very generous offer of $100 per ton for those! You could ask How much do you want to Pay Me to take them off your hands?? LOL

Attachments

• LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 992
  • PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 957
  • WPInfernoSc.jpg
    WPInfernoSc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 963
A local hardware store has Infernos for 6.50 a bag......... Should I add it to the price list?

I don't know anything about the pellet business, but I want to meet the people who convince these businesses to carry a product that has such a bad reputation. They must be pretty good salesmen. Either that or the people making the decisions to carry Infernos are just plain clueless. I'll be curious to read the reviews of these pellets this winter. It would be nice if there was an improvement in the quality. Sorry, but I won't volunteer to test them.

Hell if she showed up I'd but a few tons and I dont' even have a pellet stove.

Wonder if she can built a mean sandwich? hmmmm.

Are they that bad?

referee38 said:
Are they that bad?

Well just open a bag and smell them!!!!

Don2222 said:
Hello

I would make a very generous offer of $100 per ton for those! You could ask How much do you want to Pay Me to take them off your hands?? LOL

I may be old but if I had that gal asking me to keep her warm with infernal pellets, I'd give it one heck of a try!!!!!!!!!! %-P

tjnamtiw said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

I may be old but if I had that gal asking me to keep her warm with infernal pellets, I'd give it one heck of a try!!!!!!!!!! %-P

Now that's funny I don't care who you are :)

As funny as this is, imagine some hard-working, struggling schmuck laying down $1200 or so to try and keep his family warm this winter and realizing what he was duped into. Times are tough enough without this bulls#it. I learned a hard lesson with my New England Wood Pellets several years ago. Now I buy Turman, pay a little more, and LOVE heating with pellets. It costs me an extra $100 a season to go from a bad pellet experience to a joyous one.

EarlyMan said:
Drove by the local Agway in Kezar Falls today. I slowed down when I noticed pallets wrapped in white plastic. Almost stopped and got out to investigate, when I saw a word spray painted on the side of one of the pallets. It read INFERNOS! Well, I stepped HARD on the accelerator and peeled out of that parking lot faster than you can say low heat, high ash!

EarlyMan

that funny...they are junk pellets from what i hear..
lows in Auburn said they are getting some in soon...
they can have them... dog with fleas.......pellets.....

Don2222 said:
referee38 said:
Are they that bad?

Well just open a bag and smell them!!!!

You may not want to operate heavy machinery after doing so. Hallucinations are also not unexpected.

EarlyMan said:

EarlyMan
Saw them at Aubuchon. I stopped and asked how much. Salesman said $270/ton+delivery and stated
that they are VERY good pellets. I contained my laughter till after I drove off !

Looks like the salesman mentioned is earning his keep. Checked out a new wrapped pallet by the door at Lowes in Biddeford, ME. last night. INFERNOS, $197 a ton. I left....

Local Big Y had 3 ton's out front with i think $239 a ton spray painted on them, best thing about Big Y is you have to load them by yourself by Hand!!

I called the TSC near me to check to see if they had any other pellets but Infernos. When I asked what kind of wood pellets they were carrying, the guy said low ash, high heat hardwood. I said well what is the brand? He said, I don't know let me check. Sure enough, still just Infernos. I'm with vettechick, feel sorry for people who have no idea and believe the guy when he says they are fantastic pellets. I'm thinking of people like my elderly neighbor who has no computer and wouldn't know they were awful. (That is, until I told her).

Burned some Infernos last year when i ran out of everything else. Still have the ash stains on my outside wall and soffit!

vettechick said:
......Now I buy Turman, pay a little more, and LOVE heating with pellets. It costs me an extra $100 a season to go from a bad pellet experience to a joyous one.

And if you figure, conservatively, that the heating season is approx 150 days long, that means that it only cost you approx $.66/day more to have good heat. A wise investment. ;-)

I am sure the test was from a select batch that Inferno sent in and not a random test like PFI will "soon" be conducting.

Status
Not open for further replies.