No Timberjack... how do you buck without killin your chain?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. . . I can't say that I've ever re-rolled a log. Ever. With a logjack you are lucky to get 2 cuts before re-positioning. I'd rather roll a log once (especially if it's a big log) than have a new wrestling match every 2 cuts. But what do I know? I think each of us has to figure out what doesn't work.

As for the @$$ to head ratio, 90% of that can be remedied with a 24"+ bar. Running those little ticklers with a short bar one is bound to be bent over most of the day.
Roll , reroll, whatever. Either way its better to get it off the ground if possible . Maybe you Paul Bunyon types;hm like to work bent over but I think most prefer not to.

Techniques that works for some may not work for others.

Share & try different techniques. Find what works best for you & your situation.

Be versatile & able to bend with the situation,
you'll have more fun & become a multi tallented wood cutter :)

There's more than one way to buck fire wood. Learn all techniques & tricks you can.

Reactions: Krtx
Status
Not open for further replies.