No wonder oil is so high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Just read that gasoline, diesel and other petroleum products are the number one exports from the US for 2011. No wonder oil is so high and thank heavens for pellets!

Yep, had the pellet stove firing big time today so I opened the windows and slider to the deck to keep the heat out!! Go figure. I didn;t want to shut it down as it's going to get colder tomorrow and real cold by Tuesday. Bring it on baby. House is toasty warm at $4.25 a day!!!

a lot of oil analysts guess that the oil futures market adds about $30 per barrel of oil just on speculation. so basically, traders have it made up in their minds that prices are going up so the majority of the traders just pile into the trade pushing the prices up even though the fundamentals don't support the price.

i am a free markets believer, but there is a glitch here when the price doesn't match supply and demand.

I love paying an extra 30-50 cents per gallon for my truck diesel fuel just so the Europeans have enough to fuel their 4 wheeled oil burners...

Status
Not open for further replies.