No Wood Stove To Start the Winter :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after my largest monthly electric bill of my life at $268 (baseboard heat at this little duplex) for December after the first of two cold snaps, the builders say they will be done Feb 28! I ordered my new Lopi Endeavor woodstove to be installed next Monday, Feb 24, 2014. We have survived two Pacific Northwest Arctic blasts, without a woodstove (not fun). About a week ago, we got 15" of snow at the new house and about 12" here. It all melted in 3 days, and we are back to the normal Pacific Northwest heavy rain and wind. We can't wait to move in the first week of March!

At the rental house I own, I had to have a large sweet gum tree taken down, because it was just getting overgrown, and the neighbor behind was complaining. I don't blame him, large branches were snapping off, and one just missed his car. Ouch - $675 later, I get about a cord+ of wood. Thankfully, the tree guy brought his hydraulic splitter over and split it down to size. I will still need to split some of the pieces down further. I don't like sweet gum particularly, but it will burn in a few years.

Well, after my largest monthly electric bill of my life at $268 (baseboard heat at this little duplex) for December after the first of two cold snaps, the builders say they will be done Feb 28! I ordered my new Lopi Endeavor woodstove to be installed next Monday, Feb 24, 2014. We have survived two Pacific Northwest Arctic blasts, without a woodstove (not fun). About a week ago, we got 15" of snow at the new house and about 12" here. It all melted in 3 days, and we are back to the normal Pacific Northwest heavy rain and wind. We can't wait to move in the first week of March!

At the rental house I own, I had to have a large sweet gum tree taken down, because it was just getting overgrown, and the neighbor behind was complaining. I don't blame him, large branches were snapping off, and one just missed his car. Ouch - $675 later, I get about a cord+ of wood. Thankfully, the tree guy brought his hydraulic splitter over and split it down to size. I will still need to split some of the pieces down further. I don't like sweet gum particularly, but it will burn in a few years.
That seems cheap for power. I get 95% of my heat from wood and my last bill was $250!!!

Good to hear about the new house, enjoy it! Youre lucky to have had the tree guy split up the sweetgum, its a bear !!! Good thing is it'll be ready by next season Im sure. That stuff dries FAST, careful though cause it starts rotting faster than most wood as well

Reactions: clemsonfor
My Lopi Endeavor was installed today! I fired it right away with 2011 cut wood, to get that first paint smell off. In 45 minutes, we were at 600 degrees! The house went from 58 degrees to 67 degrees in about an hour. I CAN NOT WAIT (excited,yes!) until I move into the new warm and cozy house. Now I'm back at the rented duplex with the worthless baseboard heat typing this. We have about 2 weeks to go, notice no carpet yet, and a bunch of other interior work needs to be completed, including the wood floor in the entry way.

The hearth turned out pretty good!

Enjoy the pics!

01-DSCN3947.JPG 02-DSCN3948.JPG 03-DSCN3949.JPG 04-DSCN3951.JPG 05-DSCN3956.JPG 06-DSCN3955.JPG

My Lopi Endeavor was installed today! I fired it right away with 2011 cut wood, to get that first paint smell off. In 45 minutes, we were at 600 degrees! The house went from 58 degrees to 67 degrees in about an hour. I CAN NOT WAIT (excited,yes!) until I move into the new warm and cozy house. Now I'm back at the rented duplex with the worthless baseboard heat typing this. We have about 2 weeks to go, notice no carpet yet, and a bunch of other interior work needs to be completed, including the wood floor in the entry way.

The hearth turned out pretty good!

Enjoy the pics!

View attachment 128418 View attachment 128419 View attachment 128420 View attachment 128421 View attachment 128422 View attachment 128423

Looks great OB.

Status
Not open for further replies.