Nofossil Controller Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofossil

Moderator Emeritus
Since I've started this saga, many people have expressed an interest in the Nofossil Control System. A couple of folks have built their own from scratch, but others have asked for a 'kit in a box' or a fully assembled unit. I don't have the time to build controllers, but I now have a source to assemble them. Now the challenge is to see if I can get together enough units to get the fully assembled price down to a reasonable point.

If anyone is interested, please PM me. For those who'd rather roll their own, I'm still making the design and software available for free.

I'm also working on identifying a distributor or two. My starting point is that they have to commit to advertising on this site ;-)

Go, nofo.

Totally OT, have you seen Econoburn's new gasification chamber "brick" design? It's just a thick plate about 2 inches high on the back end, sloping down to about 1" in the front. Mark Odell tells me works well, but I haven't seen it in action--just on the display unit at the Bangor Expo.

It's not so bad if you fire it correctly--i.e., smaller fires for smaller heat loads. I don't use storage and I don't have a problem with anything plugging up. No problem with overheating, either, as long as the pump continues to run.

Eric Johnson said:
Go, nofo.

Totally OT, have you seen Econoburn's new gasification chamber "brick" design? It's just a thick plate about 2 inches high on the back end, sloping down to about 1" in the front. Mark Odell tells me works well, but I haven't seen it in action--just on the display unit at the Bangor Expo.

My Econoburn came with that type of "target" -- and it does indeed seem to work well, based on what I have seen since placing the unit in service in Mid-Jan. 2009 and running it a lot since.

The top of the sloped brick seems to have a deliberately "rough" texture to create turbulence in the flame from the nozzle- which is indeed what one sees when peeking in the lower chamber once the secondary combustion has lit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.